Photo Healing

>> Monday, June 21, 2010

I don't usually spend my editing hours doing fix-up on old photographs. Most of what I do is called "post processing" (or the edits after a photoshoot to get the lighting/colors just right). However, this past week my mother called me up with a request. She had stumbled upon a beautiful, yet old and beaten, photograph of her own mother and was wondering if I could "fix it"? Well, there's only one way to find out! I opened the high resolution scan of my grandmother in Photoshop and got to work. I used the healing brush mostly, and also evened out the scratches on her skin using the MCP actions tool "magic skin." I'm very happy with the outcome... and I feel like my comfortability with Photoshop is increasing!

2 comments:

olivia July 7, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

MJ, that must be so fulfilling! How dare there be no comments commending this awesome work. Don't worry... you can feel more fulfilled when I come to you with my photoshop probs down the road and you get to step me through the steps/brushes/actions and watch my awe as it all works!

(right?)

but, really though, I'm really proud of you. this is outstanding.

Mark and Marianne Egan July 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

Marianne said:

Thank you for this awesome work. You really made this photo come alive. I am sorry I wasn't able to comment sooner on how great you made this photo of my mom look great. I can't wait for Mumzy to see it. She has no idea I asked you to "heal" this old photo. As always, you do amazing work!

Post a Comment

Let me know what you like! I always appreciate feedback.

  © Blogger template Snowy Winter by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP